Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sunday, October 26, 2014

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga



Release Date - April 2013

Barry Lyga
Little Brown

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

I am so glad I stumbled onto this series. It's creepy and definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat. I Hunt Killers is the first in the Jasper Dent series, and I can't wait to read the others.

Jasper "Jazz" Dent spent much of his youth being trained to follow in his father's footsteps. His father's choice of career, however, wasn't one that would win friends. His father was a serial killer who has now been behind bars for many years.

When a woman is murdered in Jazz's town, he knows the townspeople will start suspecting him. The truth is that Jazz wants to be of use to the police. He knows how killers think, and he feels that makes him incredibly useful. He's convinced this murder is the work of a serial killer, but he's having a hard time convincing them.

Every word in I Hunt Killers had me mesmerized. Police have a hard time taking Jazz seriously, he is after all only 17, but his insight is pretty intriguing. His character also has a bit of a struggle as he tries to recall some of his earliest memories, but he's blocked them out and fears his long-missing mother may have been one of his father's victims.

 While the book is marketed as a young adult mystery/crime novel, I found it very enjoyable as an adult. I think this is a great book for any fan of serial killer/murder mystery stories. The writing is crisp, the plot moves quickly, and the story is creepy without being excessively gory. It's a thumbs up read in my opinion!




No comments:

Post a Comment