Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Good Home for Max by Junzo Terada



Release Date - September 2014


Chronicle Books

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

Tabi the mouse spends his evenings cleaning and organizing the little shop where he lives. He is also concerned over a cute stuffed dog named Max who is overlooked and needs a home. One night, Tabi comes out to find Max is missing. Where could the little dog have gone?

A Good Home for Max features colorful, enjoyable illustrations that caught my eye. Paired with the story about Tabi and Max, it's a fun read for parents and one that beginning readers will easily handle.

One thing I did wonder about are the store signs. They are in French and having taken five years of French, I knew what they said. For those who don't know French, it will be harder. Some you can figure out from the pictures, but others, such as "jouet" (toy) or "beurre" (butter), may be tricky. A glossary for translations would be helpful for some.



No comments:

Post a Comment