Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Saturday, May 31, 2014

We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt



Release Date - May 27, 2014

Dana Reinhardt
Wendy Lamb Books

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

Layla and Nell Golden have grown up being as close as twins. The sisters were often inseparable. Now that Nell is starting high school and her sister is starting her junior year, Nell is excited to be under the same roof during the school day. But something's changed. Layla is distant and clearly keeping a secret from her sister. Nell is not used to Layla being curt and secretive. When she discovers the truth, she faces the very grown up decision of remaining her sister's friend or defying her sister and telling all what she knows.

I have to say, We Are the Goldens pulled me in. It's written almost in journal form, a simply journal written from one sister to the other. As the secret starts taking shape, it's understandable why Nell struggles so much. This is a short book, but one that is also very powerful.

Having finished it, part of me would like to see it told from Layla's point of view. I'd love to get a closer look as to what exactly was going through her mind, especially nearer the ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment