Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thursday, April 10, 2014

What's In Your Purse? by Abigail Samoun and Nathalie Dion



Release Date - March 2014

Abigail Samoun
Nathalie Dion
Chronicle Books

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

 My daughter picked up What's in Your Purse? and immediately asked why I never bought her really cool books like that when she was little. I think that really says it all about Abigail Samoun's new lift-a-flap book. Suitable for boys or girls, not only is the book enjoyable with all the lift-a-flap images, but there is a game involved too.

Each page introduces the purse from a member of the family. Start with mom's purse and work you way through grandma's, auntie's, big sister's, and little sister's purses. The purse also has a page of text that asks simple questions like the color of mom's eyes, where auntie traveled to, and who has been reading big sister's diary.

With these questions, children look through the purse to find the answers. There's another aspect my daughter pointed out, it's a great memory game. As you read through the first time, you'll lift the flaps to find the answers, but after that, parents can see how much their children are able to recall. Memorization skills are easily built with this gem of a book. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment