Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Justice: Deck of Lies - Jade Varden



Release Date - December 2011

Jade Varden

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

Justice, the first book in the Deck of Lies series, costs very little money and is a gripping story. It's also very short at under 100 pages per my Nook, though Amazon lists it at 154 pages, so it takes little time to read.

The description given on Amazon is pretty vague. That makes it tough to describe the plot without giving away any spoilers, but the basic premise involves a girl named Rain Ramey who wins a scholarship to a prestigious academy. Her first day proves fitting in won't be easy, and then something even more unimaginable happens and Rain's entire world is shattered.

Justice is a mystery though you won't know that straight away. The book begins like a typical teen drama filled will the cruelty between the popular crowd and the others. There is a mystery there, you just need to keep reading. Within a few chapters, I found myself hooked and couldn't put it down.

There are some things that don't make sense to me, but without being able to reveal the true plot of this book, I don't want to go into spoilers and mention any of them. I did still love the book, but I'm hoping the things that didn't make any sense to me are cleared up in future installments.


No comments:

Post a Comment