Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Friday, November 16, 2012

One Little Christmas Tree - The Curto Family & Rusty Fischer






Released August 2012

One Little Christmas Tree

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

Short and sweet, One Little Christmas Tree shares the tale of Little Alfred, a small tree growing on Carl's Christmas Tree Farm. All Little Alfred wants to do is grow taller than the rest of the trees. Mr. Phipps, an adult tree, tells him there is far more to being a Christmas tree than size. Little Alfred still just wants to be big and tall. Will he learn the lessons Mr. Phipps has been trying to teach him?

The illustrations in One Little Christmas Tree certainly caught my eye. They remind me of something, I'm not sure what, but it brings me back to my own childhood, and it's got me wondering what characters/books my mind is trying to remember. The warm, bright colors and friendly faces will appeal to children.

The story is equally appealing. If you have children who simply struggle with patience or waiting for something they really, really want to arrive, this book teaches an important lesson. It's a short book, just 24 page, so it's the perfect length of a bedtime book or something to read aloud while waiting for dinner or an appointment.




No comments:

Post a Comment