Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Moonstone Series - Marilee Brothers



Released February 2012

Marilee Brothers
Bell Bridge Books

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

The image above is for the first book in Marilee Brother's Moonstone Series. Moonstone is an amazing read and one that I fear many readers overlook, but it's one you definitely should hunt down.

In this series, teenager Allie Emerson discovers she has magic powers that allow her to manipulate objects. As the child of a teen mom, Allie hasn't had the easiest life. Her mentor, a woman many in town feel is a "witch," gives her a moonstone pendant knowing that Allie is destined to have it. The problem is there are a group of evil doers who will stop at nothing to get hold of the powers within the pendant. Allie must fight to save both herself and her mentor from harm.

The great thing about the Moonstone Series is that it keeps you hooked. I'd been saving the book to read on the beach during a vacation. I'm so glad I did. I couldn't put the books down. Allie is a tough cookie, and one who I feel is a heroine many teens will happily look up to. Her struggles are genuine, both on the magic front and on the romantic front as she has many teen males come into her life to protect her, but they can leave just as quickly leaving her to face real teen emotions of disappointment. I loved that aspect, and enjoyed how her character learned from both her mistakes and her strengths. 

The series continues in Moonrise, Moonspun, and Shadow Moon. You can read more about them here: Bell Bridge Books. And Amazon does have copies of all four books available.







No comments:

Post a Comment