Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Beware the Ninja Weenies - David Lubar



Released June 2012

David Lubar
Tor/Forge

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

Beware the Ninja Weenies is the latest in David Lubar's collection of weird, wacky, and sometimes horrific short stories for juvenile readers. Geared for ages 8 and up, the stories inside are sometimes humorous, sometimes true, and sometimes really creepy. I've enjoyed every book in the Weenies series, and this one is just as good.

There are 32 stories in this book. Favorites for me included Gorgonzola, a story about where the smelly cheese really comes from. Chipmunks Off the Old Block does paint chipmunks in a completely new fashion, maybe they are smarter than we know. Bedbugs is the story I found creepiest of all; what happens if too many bedbugs go on the attack?

Other stories include a Christmas wish gone awry in Christmas Carol. Smart Food demonstrates that maybe there is truth to the belief that plants feel pain. Catfishing in America portrays the little fish as more than just little fish.

The language and writing style is certain to please advancing readers. I always have a blast reading these books, and I'm certain children will love Beware the Ninja Weenies too.



No comments:

Post a Comment