Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jump Start: Windy Hollows - Neo Edmund



Released April 2012

Jump Start
Silver Dragon Books

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

I'm a huge proponent of Jump Start's educational materials. Over a decade ago, I was hired by a parenting blog to review children's computer games. I discovered Jump Start's programs back then and watched my children work their way through the games. Both of those children are now A students with GPA's of 3.9 or higher. I credit Jump Start for helping them along the way with games that were both educational and fun. The book series Jump Start has for children are equally beneficial.

Jump Start: Windy Hollows starts out as a graphic novel. A small group of children find themselves invited to a wizardry school where things start off on the wrong foot. They get lost, one is turned into a frog, and then they must solve a number of challenging problems if they're to get back home. Once the story is over, there are stickers and story pages children can use to tell their own stories or simply tap into artistic skills to create sticker art.

Windy Hollows really helps inspire children to make up new adventures for the children. It's a good way to tap into your child's creativity. I highly recommend this book. At just under $6, it's easily affordable.


No comments:

Post a Comment