Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, March 5, 2012

You Can Run - Norah McClintock



Released April 2012

Norah McClintock
Lerner Publishing

Book review by Tracy Farnsworth

Robyn Hunter returns in a second teen mystery. In You Can Run, one of Robyn's a classmates goes missing. Strangely, the girl vanished on the same day she and Robyn had a disagreement. The girl's mother is very ill and is desperate to see her daughter. Her Robyn's father is hired to help track the girl down. He's having a hard time getting students to talk, so Robyn agrees to step in and see if she can find any hint of where the girl is hiding out.

It was clear from the start that I'd missed the first book in a series. While the relationships between the characters are summed up for readers who are new to Robyn Hunter, there are parts I didn't feel were recapped well enough for me to really understand the relationship between Robyn and her boyfriend. It's strictly for that reason that I wish I'd read the first book in the series, Last Chance.

Despite that one reservation, I did enjoy You Can Run. The relationships between Robyn and her parents make for fun reading, and add in the dash of romance with a little sleuthing and it's a great blend. I think any reader who enjoys romantic mysteries will love Norah McClintock's series.

No comments:

Post a Comment