Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, November 21, 2011

Zeke Meeks vs. the Putrid Puppet Pals - D. L. Green

Released February 2012


Capstone Publishing

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Everyone in his class is going crazy for Puppet Pals, but Zeke Meeks doesn't know why. All the are are pieces of felt that cost a lot and get dirty in no time. Zeke has better plans for his money, but these finger puppets are causing him issues. His best friend ignores him and there's suddenly no one to play with during recess. What is Zeke to do?

Zeke Meeks vs. the Putrid Puppet Pals will appeal to the elementary school crowd. It includes pictures for the reader who still likes some visual content, but it definitely contains more story than pictures. At just over 120 pages, it's a great choice for the 8 to 10 year old.

I think a lot of children, and parents, will relate to the story. I remember my neighbor's daughter going absolutely crazy for Pogs when she was eight. She would spend all of her money on those disks made from cardboard and basically a sticker coating. I've also seen trends like Tamagotchi and Pokemon cards take over my household. For anyone remembering those days, Zeke Meeks' story will ring true.

No comments:

Post a Comment