Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Skateboard Sam - Samuel Chowdhry



Released 2011

Skateboard Sam 

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Skateboard Sam is a brightly colored e-book regarding a young boy and his skateboard. The majority of the narrative is written in a rhyme making it very easy for beginning readers to manage, though a few sections didn't rhyme as well, such as rhyming "morning" with "yawning." Otherwise, I do think younger children will have a great time rhyming the words and reading about Sam's day out with his new skateboard. Plus, at the limited-time offer of $3.99, the book is extremely affordable.

In order to read Skateboard Sam, you must have an Amazon Kindle or be willing to download the software to your iPad, computer or smartphone. I happen to own a Nook, long-time readers may remember my adventures trying to buy a Kindle last December and being told that they were sold out everywhere, including online, so I went with the Nook instead and LOVE it. Given that, I admit it was a hassle having to download Kindle software simply to read one book. Unless, you own a Kindle or have the software already installed, I can't see going to the extra effort. While I do recommend the story to parents with children who are learning to read, make sure you either have the correct software or own a Kindle that you don't mind sharing with your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment