Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Saving June - Hannah Harrington



Released November 22, 2011

Hannah Harrington
Harlequin

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

For Harper Scott, her sister's suicide makes absolutely no sense. There was no letter, no goodbye, and worst of all, Harper's the one who found her sister's body. Her mother's drinking away her grief, her father's happy in his new relationship, but no one seems to care about Harper. After learning her sister dreamed of going to California, Harper takes her sister's ashes and sets off on a journey to California with her best friend and a mysterious 18 year old named Jake who forged an unusual friendship with June shortly before her death.

Saving June is really a touching story. The characters are amazing, and all I can say is I'm glad I've never been there. Despite the sad subject matter, the story is really quite uplifting. A lot of it involves Harper's coming to terms with why her sister took her own life and Harper's guilt at things left unsaid. I do think many readers could relate to that.

If anything, that's an important message to take away from this book. You just never know, so every second you spend alone or with others should really count. Hannah Harrington is just starting out. She's 22 and given the poignancy of Saving June, I think she's an author teens will want to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment