Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lisa Loeb's Silly Sing-Along: The Disappointing Pancake & Other Zany Songs - Lisa Loeb



Released October 2011

Lisa Loeb
Ryan O'Rourke
Sterling Children's Books

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Some parents may remember Lisa Loeb from her hit song "Stay." Others may remember a reality show she did with Dweezil Zappa. Either way, it's great to see one of my favorite singers back with a delightful book and CD set that gets the toes tapping and is certain to please children and their parents.

Lisa Loeb's Silly Sing-Along: The Disappointing Pancake & Other Zany Songs is addicting. There are 10 songs in all and the book offers full lyrics so that children follow along with ease. Some songs even include dance/movement instructions that gets families up and moving around. Songs include:

Opposite Day
I'm a Little Coconut
The Disappointing Pancake
Fried Ham
Everybody Dreams
Chewing Gum
A Codi By Doze
The Banjo Song
Sipping Cider
Found a Peanut

Each song is catchy and really enjoyable, though my teenagers gave me a weird look as I listened and sang along with Lisa. Pay attention to some of the banjo playing because actor Steve Martin performs on one track.

Many pages include little stories from Lisa about the song and illustrations by Ryan O'Rourke present a fun, colorful look into the central theme of each song. All in all, there is a lot to love about Lisa Loeb's Silly Sing-Along. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment