Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Double - Jenny Valentine



Released February 21, 2012

Jenny Valentine
Disney/Hyperion

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Chap's been on the run for a while, so when someone identifies the runaway as a Cassiel, a boy who's been missing for two years and believed dead, Chap decides to play along. Being part of a loving family might be just what he needs. He can only imagine what it's like to have a mother and sister who've searched non-stop for him for two years. What Chap doesn't know is that his decision to lie may be the biggest mistake of his life.

There lies the premise for Jenny Valentine's Double. The mystery part, well I had the bulk of that that figured out early on, but I still wanted to see how things played out.  Jenny Valentine's writing captures the moods and setting perfectly drawing the reader into the dark atmosphere at hand. Chap/Cassiel's sister adds a lightheartedness to the story, and it really made me root for the pair of them to figure things out. I found it hard to put the book down because I found them to be an usual, yet extremely likeable pair.

Teens looking for a mystery with characters who draw you into the story will enjoy Double. It's an interesting look at filling someone else's shoes and how sometimes things just are not at all like you'd imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment