Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blowin' in the Wind - Written by Bob Dylan and Illustrations by Jon J. Muth



Released November 2011

Bob Dylan
Jon J. Muth
Sterling Children's Books

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" becomes a vivid picture story blended seamlessly with Jon J. Muth's artistic illustrations. While I believe Dylan is a brilliant songwriter, his voice, to me, leaves lots to be desired. Therefore, the CD was certainly not my favorite part of this book and CD set. What I did love were the illustrations. The really capture the essence of the story as the reader follows a paper airplane on a journey across the world.

I loved most everything about this story and feel most children will too. The only thing I wonder is if I'm just missing the airplane on the page with "Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free?" Every picture to that point had an airplane to find, but for the life of me I cannot spot the airplane on those pages. I don't know if it's just harder to find or if the airplane just isn't there.

Either way, your children will love searching for the airplane. Other symbols like the guitar and red balloon also appear frequently throughout the book. While listening to a classic song, enjoy the illustrations and see how many of the airplanes your child spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment