Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, May 16, 2011

Never Eighteen - Megan Bostic




Released January 2012

http://meganbosticbooks.com/

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Quite honestly, don't start reading Never Eighteen until you have a stack of tissues handy. This book broke my heart. Yet, it's so incredibly gripping that I could not put it down. What sucks is that my neighbor came strolling over to chat and I'm sat there with tears streaming down my face. Thankfully, his wife reads as much as I do, so he knew exactly what was going on.

Austin Parker is seventeen. He has great friends, including Kaylee, his best friend since elementary school. Austin loves Kaylee but has never taken the time to tell her. Now it's too late.

Austin's battling a terminal illness. For the next two days, he needs Kaylee to drive him around Washington. He has a few "missions" he'd like to complete before he's too sick.

Kaylee's strength and Austin's sense of making things right create the strong premise in Never Eighteen. The realism in the story made it a very emotional read, but one that I had to read in one sitting. I think every teen could learn a lesson reading Megan Bostic's novel. Life is short and everything you do or say makes a huge impact on the world around you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you. I just happened to stumble upon this review. I'm so happy you enjoyed the book. :)

    ReplyDelete