Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'll Be There - Ann Stott



Released March 2011

www.candlewick.com

Reviewed by Bob Walch

Not only does Ann Stott's picture book celebrate a child’s accomplishments such as bathing alone, reading, and getting dressed by himself,  but it also offers reassurance that Mom will always be there just in case she is needed.

As the little boy featured here goes from being very reliant on his mother to being able to do things for himself  we see his confidence grow and the pride that accompanies being able to do “big kid stuff”.

At the same time, though, there’s a little fear or doubt. “Will you still take care of me when I’m big?” the child asks with a troubled expression on his face.

“Even when you’re big, I’ll be there,” is her reassuring reply.

A lovely book with gentle, warm illustrations, I’ll Be There offers an honest, warmhearted portrait of a child taking those first steps towards independence. And, more importantly, he discovers a fact we all come to
realize - Mom will always be there for you no matter how old you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment