Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, March 7, 2011

Just Grace and the Double Surprise - Charise Mericle Harper




Released August 2011

www.chariseharper.com
www.justgracebooks.com

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth


In Just Grace and the Double Surprise, Grace's best friend Mimi is expecting a new sister. Her family is expecting the call from the adoption agency any day now. Grace and Mimi spend their time planning for the arrival of the girl. They have no idea how old she will be or her name, they're hoping for Jasmine.

What Grace doesn't know is that she has a surprise of her own coming. When she finds out about it, she's overjoyed and can't wait to tell Mimi. Meanwhile, Mimi's surprise isn't at all what they were expecting, but will it be just as good?

What a charming story. I'm new to the Just Grace series and am delighted I found this new offering from Charise Mericle Harper. Girls who still like pictures in their books but need more challenging text should find Grace's life to be extremely engrossing. Grace has an innocence that appealed to me, but, at the same time, she's a very precocious child with great insight into the world around her.

While I missed the previous entries into this series, I'm certain each book works well as a stand-alone. Once hooked, however, your child will likely want the rest of the Just Grace books.

No comments:

Post a Comment