Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall - Mary Downing Hahn (Ghost Story)
















Released September 2010

www.marydowninghahnbooks.com
www.hmhbooks.com

Twelve-year-old Florence is surprised to learn she has living relatives. Moving from an orphanage for girls to Crutchfield Hall is an exciting time. However, upon her arrival, she fears something evil lurks in the shadows. You see, Florence's cousin Sophie died in this manor and wants nothing more than to remain among the living.

Sophie's plan is simple. Someone must die, taking her place, so that she can return to life. By controlling Florence, Sophie sets out to enact her evil plan.

The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall is certainly chilling. Think Poe crossed with a dash of Charlotte Bronte but for the younger crowd. This is a truly a fascinating ghost story. It's a little creepy, but not so creepy that children will have nightmares after reading it.

Mary Downing Hahn is new to me, but with a decent back list of books, I'm eager to read more. I know my ghost-loving teen would have loved them when she was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment