Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where Does Joe Go - Tracey Campbell Pearson (Picture Book)



Released 2002


www.traceycampbellpearson.com


I'm all for supporting local authors. Tracey Campbell Pearson's books were a little too old for me as a kid, but I spent hours and hours reading her books to children when I babysat. Because Tracey lived a couple miles from my general babysitting radius, most parents had her children's stories on their shelves.

I recently borrowed a copy of Where Does Joe Go because Joe, famed hero of this book, passed this month. To locals, Joe is an iconic figure, to children, he's the mysterious character in the book that disappears every winter leading to the characters within the story trying to guess where he goes. Text is perfect for beginning readers and entertaining for parents who will find this becoming their child's favorite.

Joe Rotunda, Jr. was owner of Joe's Snack Bar, the best place for french fries and a place that, as children, we were willing to hop on our bikes and ride for a couple miles to enjoy the fries or a creemee. The open sign on Joe's is the signal that spring is here and winter is over. I have my fingers crossed that Joe's does reopen in a few months, but until then it's sad to think that Joe is not coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment