Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sydney's D.C. Discovery (Middle Reader)



Released January 2010

www.barbourbooks.com

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

The second book in the Camp Club Girls series heads to Washington D.C. There Sydney is eagerly awaiting the arrival of her new friend, Elizabeth. The pair once again find themselves involved in a baffling mystery.

This time, Sydney learns that someone is leaving cryptic messages and spray painting graffiti at the Vietnam Memorial. As the girls start to unravel clues, they begin to believe that the city is in incredible danger. Are they deciphering the clues correctly? What do all these messages mean?

Let me start by saying if you missed the previous review, the Camp Club Girls novels are being released by a Christian publisher, however the religious messages are never preachy. Therefore, I'm happy to recommend them to any middle reader who likes mysteries. The mysteries are not impossible to solve, though I am older, yet they do require a little logic to come up with the criminal and the reason. My daughter had most of the solution to this one, though she needed a little help on aspects of the Vietnam War.

I think Jean Fischer's series is engaging and sure to please younger readers who are beyond picture books but not quite ready for the longer young adult books. If you have a child who loves mysteries, I'd let them try Sydney's D.C. Discovery.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the author of Sydney's D.C. Discovery. Thank you, Tracy for a nice review!

    Jean Fischer

    ReplyDelete