Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Marilyn Kaye Interview

I've loved every book in the Gifted series, so I jumped at the chance to interview the author through emails. Twilight fans and others who love paranormal teen books should definitely look into Marilyn Kaye's Gifted novels. -- Jessica

Marilyn Kaye Books

1. When did you know you wanted to be an author?

I've known this for as long as I can remember! Even before I knew how to write, I was always making up stories and telling them to anyone who would listen.


2. Where did the idea for the "Gifted" series come from?

I've always been fascinated by superheroes, and I wondered what it would be like if very ordinary people developed 'superhero' type powers.


3. Whose story will be coming next?

Emily's story comes next.

4. You live in France. What's your favorite thing to do when you are not writing?

I love sitting in cafes, and sometimes I bring my PC and write there.


5. If the "Gifted" series became a movie, who would you like to cast for the main roles?

I can't answer this one -- I can never remember actors' names! The girl who plays Blair in Gossip Girls would make an excellent Amanda, but she's too old.


6. Our teachers say that becoming an author is a great career, but a visiting author said that he makes very little even though he's a best-selling author. In general, what percentage of book sales go to the author?

This varies a lot, since it depends on the kind of contract that was negotiated between the publisher and the author or the author's agent. 10% is pretty normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment