Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jumping to Conclusions (Juvenile)



Released June 2009

www.rachelyoderbooks.com

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS is the seventh book in the Rachel Yoder series. Rachel is an 11-year-old Amish girl who finds herself in a few troublesome situations. The problem is Rachel can't stop herself from eavesdropping and each time she listens in, she not only upsets people, but she starts causing more and more chaos with her misinformation.

Also in this story, Rachel's cousin Mary returns for a visit. Mary seems more interested in Rachel's baby sister than in Rachel. There are a few hurt feelings because of this.

Though it is the seventh in the series, it stands alone well. Everything is explained so that new readers quickly catch up with the different characters.

I'll admit to learning a few things reading Wanda Brunstetter's story. Rachel is about my daughter's age. It was interesting for me to see just how different Rachel's life was in comparison. I realize the Amish have their strict customs, but they are so different I honestly wonder how kids stand it. Throughout the book, Rachel is forced to care for her infant sister, small cousin and still handle household chores and schooling.

If you are interested in the Amish culture, you'll get a realistic impression through this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment