Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Monday, May 11, 2009

Where Did I Come From (Picture Book)



Released 2006 (Reissue)

www.macmillan.com


Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Approaching the dreaded "sex talk" with your teen is something many parents dread. Honestly, waiting until they are teenagers is pointless. By that time it is too late. Take it from me, you need to discuss sex with your children before puberty. If you don't, they'll learn incorrect information from friends and schools push abstinence, something that obviously works for few.

WHERE DID I COME FROM is a great way to broach the topic of sex and fetal development with your younger child. Sex is dealt with honestly, with realistic looking characters (a cartoonish, not-model-thin man and woman) and a listing of myths children might have heard with the reality of how the baby develops in the womb and how the baby is created.

This is how I learned about babies as an elementary school child. This is how my children learned. In fact, I'd bet there are thousands of us out here who learned from this book. It's humorous, honest and definitely one of the best books on the market. Children relate to it and parents find it paints an honest picture with humor and without any fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment