Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What Do You See (Toddler)



www.simonlittlegreen.com

Reviewed by Bob Walch

Not only is this lift-the-flap, novelty board book all about endangered animals but also, being made from 100 percent recycled material, it is eco-friendly.

Five endangered creatures are featured in the book that is age appropriate for children youngsters between two and five. Hints are provided about the identity of each animal. "I'm black and white, but I don't moo. I'm a fussy eater who likes bamboo. What can I be? What do you see?” Open the flap and you'll discover a little panda bear.

It won't take many readings before your child will be able to answer the "What can I be?” question before you flip the flap. The rhyming text will also make it easy for reader participation. Let the youngster take on some of the reading aloud chores as he/she becomes more familiar with the text.

The third title in the Little Green Books series, "What Do You See?" is an improvement over its predecessors. The illustrations are still a little murky (probably because of the recycled paper) but the text seems to be slightly sharper and a tad larger, plus the story line is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment