Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sunday, May 3, 2009

20 Boy Summer (Teen)



Released June 2009

http://sarahockler.com/

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Every now and then a book comes along that truly touches the heart. 20 BOY SUMMER is that book! I picked it up. By the end of the third chapter, my face was covered in tears and my throat had a lump the size of a grapefruit stuck in it. Yet, I felt compelled to keep reading. I needed to know that Anna would be okay.

Neighbors and best friends, Anna, Francesca (aka Frankie) and Frankie's older brother Matt have been involved in each others lives from the day they were born. At her fifteenth birthday party, the one thing Anna wants most happens. Her family celebrates with their neighbors just like every year, but this is the year Matt kisses her.

Soon, Anna and Matt are becoming an item, but he wants to be the one to tell Frankie. Neither of them are sure how Frankie will react. Until she's told, Anna and Matt share stolen kisses, midnight rendezvous and fleeting touches. And then, everything is ripped apart.

On the way home from ice cream, Matt, Anna and Frankie are in a car accident. An undiagnosed hole in Matt's heart lets go. Matt is dead and Anna and Frankie are left to piece together their lives. One year passes and Frankie's family opts to take Anna on their yearly trip to California's coast. Though she's still mourning Matt, Anna agrees to join Frankie on a mission. During their vacation, they will hook up with 20 different guys and see where these romances take them.

So summing this up--20 BOY SUMMER is compelling, emotional and one of the best teen girl romances-of-sorts I think I've ever read. It is a romance, but so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment