Note to Readers

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Twilight: Director's Notebook (Non-Fiction)



Released March 2009

www.hachettebookgroup.com

Reviewed by Tracy Farnsworth

Released in conjunction with the Twilight DVD, director Catherine Hardwicke provides Twilight followers with a fully detailed look into this blockbuster movie. Everything you could possibly imagine is covered in detail with color photos included to further demonstrate how the movie was made.

The book opens with the director's insight into why she just had to film this movie. She discusses casting, creating storyboards, the music chosen for the film and even how they had to tweak the weather to make it appear gloomier than the location was.

My own 'tween is a Twilight fanatic and insisted I purchase the book with the movie. I made the mistake of reading the book first. Knowing exactly how the film was shot took away a bit of the magic. I'm not sure this will affect everyone as it did me, but, in hindsight, I do wish I'd watched the movie first.

Regardless, any Twilight fan will want this book on his or her shelves. Especially if that 'tween or teen has any interest in how movies are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment